About Seven HillsSeven Hills Photography is Tom Butler, a freelance photographer based in Central Virginia. The Seven Hills portfolio contains a continuously growing range of photography including landscapes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, Central Virginia cities, weddings and engagements, fashion photography, in addition to images from travel opportunities. Seven Hills is a nickname of the City of Lynchburg, VA, where Tom calls home. I’m based in Central Virginia, but am often in Northern VA (I grew up in Leesburg) and Hagerstown, MD, so don’t let zip codes stop you from seeing if I’m available to photograph an occasion for you.
- I’ve been honored to be published on Vogue Italia, in Essere Magazine and the Clutch Guide
- I’ve had an uncommonly large number of weddings for a newbie, shooting nearly thirty in first two years of offering the service.
About TomI’ve been taking photos for as long as I can remember. Whether it was using a disposable camera or learning with my first Minolta interchangeable lenses, it’s always been a wonder to see captured images. I am constantly looking for that special something that you don’t see every day, that perfect view or moment when something remarkable is there. One of my greatest hopes is that I may be able to bring something beautiful into people’s lives. Burgers, pizza and tacos are my main food groups.
- I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan – that comes with a lot of hope and hurt.
- I like looking back at your photos when I’m done as much as you do.
- I like coffee. A lot. I’d like to sit down with you for some coffee.
- I love to travel. The ocean is the most amazing thing in this world to me.
- Good photography doesn’t necessarily depend on the best camera gear (though it helps), but the photographer behind the camera.
- My beautiful wife and our two dogs are pretty super, and we’re adopting our first child in January of 2013!