About Seven HillsSeven Hills Photography is Tom Butler, a freelance photographer based in Northern Virginia. The Seven Hills portfolio contains a continuously growing range of photography including landscapes, weddings and engagements, fashion photography, maternity and family sessions. Seven Hills is a nickname of the City of Lynchburg, VA, where Tom began this photographic journey. I’m based in Northern VA (Ashburn) but don’t let zip codes stop you from seeing if I’m available to photograph an occasion for you. I’ve been honored to be published on Vogue Italia, in Essere Magazine, on Borrowed & Blue, on Boundry Stone Baby, and in the Clutch Guide
About Tom I’ve been taking photos for as long as I can remember. Whether it was using a disposable camera or learning with my first Minolta interchangeable lenses, it’s always been a wonder to see captured images. I am constantly looking for that special something that you don’t see every day, that perfect view or moment when something remarkable is there. One of my greatest hopes is that I may be able to bring something beautiful into people’s lives.
- I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan – that comes with a lot of hope and hurt.
- I like looking back at your photos when I’m done as much as you do.
- I like coffee. A lot. I’d like to sit down with you for some coffee.
- Photography is a part-time thing for me. If I was trying to pay all the bills with it, I think I’d enjoy it less. I work in Higher Ed for my big boy job.
- I love to travel. The ocean is the most amazing thing in this world to me.
- My beautiful wife, our dog Rocky and our two kids are pretty super.